Feedback on the 20% discount for 1st purchase

Hi everyone,
I don’t know if it has been discussed but, as sellers, what’s your feedback on the 20% discount ? Pesonnaly, i believe 90% on my sales are done with this discount. Which leads me to two conclusions
1-This has given me a new market for new costumers to expand my sales
2-Customers can easily create a new email adress is they want to buy from me with this price lowered.

So, to other sellers, what’s your rate of “1st purchase sale”?

Please, Sketchfab people, do understand that you’re doing a terrific job with the site. I as just a bit puzzled with this “1st purchase rule” so I wish I could have feedback from other buyers, so i can get convinced I’m thinking wrong.

1 Like

As a fellow seller I agree. This should not be a thing. Thanks for raising the issue!
I will pass that onto Sketchfab team and masters to discuss!

Did you get any feedback from the Sketchfab Team regarding this ?

My point is I guess this 20% discount is made by the sketchfab team to get us clients in the long run. But if buyers are all getting this discount as new buyers and nothing else, this discount is then pointless. To my point of view, I now feel I have to keep in mind this constant discount when I decide on a price for a model

1 Like

Once again I passed it on. I agree this should be either reduced significantly or removed entirely. We want to encourage long time buyers not creating new accounts for just one purchase.
Buyers should be rather rewarded with discounts if they have multiple purchases - let’s say 10th , 50th and 100th purchase gets discounts

I’ve shared this feedback with the Store team. They haven’t seen significant abuse of the discount but will keep an eye on it. Thanks for bringing this up - we appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like