[Final] - A Knight Returns

(Justin Griffis) #1

Contest sounds too fun to pass up, I may not have enough time to work on it but I'm in. Good luck to everyone.

My idea is a knight returning home from battle to his lover. The scene will be on a hilltop countryside, green fields with flowers, cabin/farm, tower, cliffs, mountains, etc.

If someone could let me know if I'm pushing the style too far I'de appreciate it and adjust. I like the idea of more realistic proportions because I thought it would be easier to convey emotion in the scene. This character is at 1.8k Polycount.

(Justin Griffis) #2

I'm trying to make sure I am using the correct scale, maybe someone could help me out? I set my working units to meter in Maya and this horse is about 1.5 units high, but compared to other submitted models it is gigantically disproportional, I must be doing it wrong. Any advice? :confused:

(Bart) #3

I’ve just sent you instructions on how to claim your free Medieval Fantasy Cardboard viewer. Check your private messages here on the forum. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

(Justin Griffis) #4

Last minute updates. Between crunching at work this past month and other events I haven't had much time to work on this or post many WIPs. But I will try to finish and grind it out before the end of the day, oh boy. Wish me luck...

(Justin Griffis) #5

Calling it done, the mountain sheep pushed me a bit over but still under 55k. Hope you all like it and find the models useful.

A Knight Returns by JustinGriffis on Sketchfab