Sketchfab Forum

Finding Downloadble Animated Models?

(Atomicperception) #1

I am new to this site and I am not sure how it works.
I am looking for animated models I can download for use in other 3D rendering packages.
Is that what this site is for?

I have found a model I would like to download, but I can't find any download button.

Is there a way to search for freely available downloadble models?

(Shaderbytes) #2

Yes, you can search downloadable models. must be said this site s not a download site , it just has download capabilities should the artist decide to share their model./s. even if it were, most downloadable content is normally not for inclusion into other packages.. ei... it is only good for commercial usage in a single capacity, like a game or sim.Not for resale and not for redistribution as a model source for others.

If you're familiar with the Flickr, this is the same (only in 3d), where 3d artists upload their work, either solely for archive purposes, or to share with the community. Artist gets to decide if their uploaded model will be private/public/downloadable, and the license terms that will apply to their asset. You will see the license terms right under the download link for each model. If you're not sure, you can click on the license and it will take you to the related creative commons page where it explains the terms for that particular license, hope that helps! :slight_smile: