[Finished] Battle of Hoth Voxel Recreation

voxel
blender

(Remingtongraphics) #1

Battle of Hoth Voxel Recreation by remingtongraphics on Sketchfab

**Sorry for the lag in the preview window (if you have any). There are so many polygons in this project, it's lagging on my computer! **

Hey everyone! This is my first post on Sketchfab, but I'm super excited to join this community because it seems like there are a lot of talented artists here! I figured I might as well try and enter a contest while I'm here too. Anyway, I recreated the Battle of Hoth from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with voxels.

Thanks to everyone who commented with ideas! They're really helpful!

Other Renders:

Progress:
☑ Add lasers!
☑ Add explosions!
☑ Do a few renders in Blender
☑ Improve materials
☑ Improve lighting
☑ Change HDR image
☑ Tweak positioning and a few details with aircraft

Made in Blender, manually. It took forever.

(Jason Ivens) #2

Nice work it looks cool

(Bart) #3

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

I have just given you one month of Sketchfab PRO - you can use it to add up to 20 annotations to your model.

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Rickprokosch) #4

The scale is quite impressive, I really like the work on the models you've done.

(Ab Red) #8

seriously epiicc!! i love both star wars and voxel :smile:
btw, laser beam please :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Remingtongraphics) #9

Thanks! And that's a great idea! I'll see what I can do :stuck_out_tongue:

(Elbriga) #10

This def. needs laser beams :wink: i explained how to make some in the tutorial a while ago:
http://blog.sketchfab.com/post/135254660559/tutorial-creating-a-3d-star-wars-scene-in-voxels

This is quite impressive, congrats!

(Ab Red) #11

ohoho.. now i start thinking i should check out all of your tutorials! :smiley:

(J Bergenstrahle) #12

wow, this scene blown up on my 40" monitor looks soooo cool, can spin around in it forever, and seriously, the though about the addition of laser beams...and maybe some animations etc... mindblowing. Very nice job.

(Remingtongraphics) #13

Thanks for all of the great ideas guys and girls! This project came out absolutely fantastic! I'll be uploading some more renders sometime soon!