Fire Hydrant (High Poly)

(Blackhart) #1

Some things have come up in life so I hadn't modelled or posted to sketchfab in about a month... I made this tonight while getting back into the swing of things. It's a hard-surface practise model, as well as some practice with Substance Painter 2. Spent a while trying to get good topology on the details of the mesh, and in SP2 I used lots of procedurals and the mask builder. Honestly, I think this is one of the best pieces I've done, at least from a photo-realism standpoint.

Fire Hydrant (High Poly) by Blackhart on Sketchfab

And here's how it looks as rendered from Iray!

(Abby Crawford) #2

Beautifully done, @Blackhart! It's so realistic.

(Blackhart) #3

Thanks so much! It means a lot :smile:

Honestly, my favourite thing I just love is how the paint turned out. I spent a few hours looking at google images and I really wanted to nail the way that the paint seemed to be slopped messily onto most of the hydrants I found. Bubbles and drips large and small... Substance's procedural materials really helped with that. Sometimes I wonder if I prefer modelling or texture work, I'm starting to wonder if its the latter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Nomadking) #4

This is great @Blackhart, the material work is amazing and very photorealistic! Good job :smile: