Floating Island Entry (WIP)

wip
contest

(Midio) #1

Hi guys! First post here at the forum and this is my second voxel model! :smile:
Posting a couple of WIP pics and I should upload the final model to Sketchfab today to start the annotations! Hope you like it :smiley:

(YadNi Monde) #2

Looks real good!

(Midio) #3

Okay, so here's an updated embedded model! Still haven't got the Pro update so I can add more annotations, so more of the story coming up soon! :smile:

SkyLand by Midio on Sketchfab

(Lrtvri) #4

great work, @midio!

(Chaitanyak) #5

Lovely story @midio
And incredible artwork 👍🎉 excellent choice of colors and good composition!

Are you planning on adding a few "mid air" objects above island itself.. A flock of Birds or a stray cloud maybe.. Would add to the wonder of the 3d diorama

Just a thought. I love it as is

(Remingtongraphics) #6

This is awesome! It's got a great story to go along with it too! I really love the composition of it!

(Bart) #7

Thanks for joining the Heroic Voxels contest and welcome on board :smile:

Some more useful information to get you started:

• Read the contest updates - they will contain updates on contest progress, weekly tutorials and more.. I recommend you 'track' that topic so you'll receive notifications (instructions are in the post).
  • Frequently Asked Questions are in the (you guessed it) FAQ topic.

(Elbriga) #8

damn, those clouds look amazing! Great entry, congrats!

(Midio) #9

Thank you very much, @elbriga, @remingtongraphics, @chaitanyak, @lrtvri and @yadni and @bartv ! This really means the world to me :smiley:

(Midio) #10

Here's a small update on the process! I actually thought on doing this piece first, a scene of a heroic mom that fled her village with her newborn, but then it lacked a bit of ~fantasy~ so I left to tweak it to another occasion!

Also, here's a quick sketch I did on paper before starting the whole island scene! The main island would be made of 4 different panels stitched together instead a single one, but in order to make the diorama in time, I needed a faster solution, so I went for a single panel! It turned out to be fine and I liked the result, in the end!