Font render 'problem'

I don’t know if it’s a bug, or it’s related to my screen display or to my browser (Chrome), but the annotations font for the letter ‘i’ and ‘l’ are very similar. It’s related to the down-scale of the font? In many situations (at least in a scientific perspective), it’s difficult to distinguish or to pronounce the correct name if those two letters are close to each other. Also, when I browse the models in thumb view mode, the same problem occurs (in the case of the title). In full mode, both letters are rendered ok.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

I think maybe you should change the font. I think changing it will solve the problem.

Well, there could be several reasons. As you said, the first reason may be the font size, which makes it difficult to distinguish between the two letters. The second reason may be the font itself, it may be unreadable. I have this often, so I downloaded a few good fonts, the quality of which remains unchanged regardless of whether you have increased the font or not. I may be wrong, it’s just my observations that I share.

https://upfonts.com/thinking-of-betty-font/

Hi @MineralogyPetrograph - apologies, just seeing this now.

If the issue still persists, are you able to share a model link and a screenshot or two please?

It would also be good to know what operating system, screen size (in pixels) and screen resolution (determined by your OS) your are using.

@nebulousflynn
Here is the model: https://skfb.ly/6XQCz. The annotation 1 - name “Pyrite”. The “i” is similar to “l”.
I’m using Windows 10, 2560 x 1440 px desktop resolution, Google Chrome version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit), with zoom 100%.

Hi again, thanks for sharing that - it s hard to recognize in that image.

However, I think it might be an issue with your screen setup however - here is how it looks on my 1920x1080 screen

I’ve tried on different browsers and the problem persists. Probably it’s related to the higher resolution.
A temporary solution would be to decrease the scale (in Chrome at 90% the font is rendered correctly).

Someone else can recreate this problem? On displays with a resolution larger than full HD. If not, maybe it’s related to my video card/driver/settings.

@nebulousflynn thank you for your assistance.

I tested on 4K resolution and it’s readable for me too. I wonder if this is caused by (missing) local fonts on your machine. Did you try reproducing this on other computers too?

Dear @bartv thank you for testing on 4K resolution.

I have tested on my laptop with full HD resolution, also Google Chrome browser with 100% scale, latest Nvidia driver).

The fonts used seem to be embedded, I will try to reinstall the Open Sans and sans-serif fonts.

Capture1

1 Like