Found a website distributing sketchfab without approval

https://rigmodels.com/ seems to have several of my for sale model from sketchfab downloadable free. I sent them a copyright notice, but it seems the majority of the items are from sketchfab & figured you guys should know… Also should I file a copyright claim - UDRP dispute with the website and domain host / name register?

Yes we’re aware of them and have taken steps against them. All Sketchfab models should be removed soon. If you have any URLs of your models that appear there, please DM me with their Sketchfab link and Rigmodels link, this will help us increase our efforts.

1 Like

Yes they also have many of my models.
I wonder if I should continue uploading models if they can be downloaded for free !
Please indicate how to proceed.
Should we sent you the links to the models being hacked ?

You should be able to email them a cease and desist letter. You can also file a dispute with the domain register & server host.
You can file a dispute with ICANN, and the UDRP under copywrite violation, with a lawyer you could force the privacy domain to reveal the identity of the domain owner & payment information.
Technically this falls under Unauthorized Computer Access in the (CFAA) the computer fraud and abuse act. https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030 and sketchfab should follow up on pressing criminal charges against the individual running that site.

Main UDRP Bodies:
*National Arbitration Forum - adrforum.com.
*World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) - wipo.int
*Asian Domain Dispute Resolution Centre (ADR) - adndrc.org

1 Like

Hi @trevorwgraphics,
You should first try sending an email to the webmaster.
I did so yesterday and received a positive answer.
My models have been removed few hours later.

2 Likes

Which email address did you end up using to contact them?

The email address displayed on the bottom of main page: rigmodels.com@gmail.com

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, we will encourage anyone else affected to contact via that address too