Get model download url with API?

(Quentin Tousart) #1

Hi all,

I'm looking a way to download a model (marked as downloadable) from sketchfab API.
I took a look at API operation /models/{uid} but did not find anything referencing the original model URL. Actualy an equivalent of clicking the "download" button smile

Is there a way to get that URL from the API ?

Hi there,

We're working on a Download API, but it's very much a work in progress. Currently, only a few partners have access for testing purposes.

I may be wrong here, but I believe the actual download URL is generated dynamically when someone clicks Download, so it's not possible to generate it yourself using the uid.

Stay tuned!

(Ludicgmbh) #3

Hi,

has this api been implemented in the meantime?

Thanks

Update to avoid confusion:

While we may implement a Download API in the future, it is not on our short-term roadmap. There is currently no experimental version available for testing by anyone.

(Coiron, Inc) #5

Hello @james, do you have any updates on this? We would really like to integrate sketchfab search, viewer and download in our web app. Thanks

Hello @coiron,

I'm afraid there's no update at the moment, but we hope to have a solution long-term.

(3dben) #7

Any word on a Download URL through the api being in the works yet?

We are now actively working on a Download API (or rather, download endpoints in the Data API) (cc @mauricesvay )