Ghostbusters - It slimed me! (final)

(Freemouse) #1

Hi there,

For my first contest (ever) i want to try to make this scene in the first ghostbuster movie - He slimed me !
I think it's going to be animated if i have the time, i hope so !

Cheers !

(Lord00120) #2

Good luck with your first contest :wink:

Welcome on board and to your first contest! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

We'll be in touch :slight_smile: Have fun!

(Freemouse) #4

Thanks ! :relaxed:
Does it take time for the account to be upgraded ? Because i think i'm not on PRO, i've tried to disconnect but still nothing

(Freemouse) #5

Thanks a lot ! There's already a lot of people with nice ideas :smiley:

(Freemouse) #6

Here's a WIP sculpt for Slimer, i decided not to put too much details in it since i want to do hand painted textures, i'll put some more directly in the texture later if need be. I started with a zsphere to do the silhouette, then i sculpted more in detail by using dynamesh.
Don't look too much at the hands xD i chose not to sculpt them since i want to make them directly into blender, i just put an inflat on them to see if it'll look good proportionally.

I think it does take a minute-- check and let me know if you still don't see it!

(Freemouse) #8

So here's a little update on my work, i started with "normal" walls etc but i thought it looked kinda boring so i'm trying to give it a cartoon-ish style since i want hand painted textures.

(Mhazani) #9

Cool looking space! What's your technique for getting those awesome curves?

(Freemouse) #10

Thanks ! for curvy objects i just add some subdiv then i pull and push edges until it looks like what i want, i don't know if that's a clear explanation xD but i put you the frame here to show you what i mean i hope it helps !

(Mhazani) #11

Makes sense, thanks!

(Freemouse) #12

Another update, here i tried to see what it'll look like, i'll delete some things to break the simmetry + there's other props to make and of course Venkman !

(Penny) #13

I love your super stylized interior! :smiley:

(Freemouse) #14

@fenelope Thanks !

I started working on venkman, already did the body ans since i wasn't feeling too lazy today i decided to sculpt the head, now the fun part: retopo... yay xD

(Freemouse) #15

Working on the textures, unfortunately i don't think i'll be able to polish them, i'll see if i have the time later. Still have to texture the hall and animate xD so it'll stay like this for now, just have to "finish" venkman.

(Kyan0s) #16

I love your style !! Awesome !

(Freemouse) #17

I'm publishing my final entry, i hope it works with mobile VR because i have no clue how it looks like in it since i borrowed an oculus (by the way, i can't seem to be able to walk in the scene). Anyway, i'm done xD

I've really enjoyed doing it and i can't wait to see everyone's entries ! :smiley: