Goblin Venture Co. Zeppelin

contest
maya
3d

(Lorenzoderijcke) #1

Hi all,

My name is Lorenzo de Rijcke (TonedCube) and I wanted to participate in the contest.
I am a big fan of WoW and I wanted to make a contribution.

Story: The Assault on the broken shore

during the assault on the broken shore the horde enlisted the help of the goblin venture co. and their fleet of zeppelins, they accepted the offer in return that they may salvage goods and raw materials for research purposes in the aftermath of the battle. This zeppelin is the official archaeological research vessel. But keeping in mind that we're dealing with goblins I'm not so sure that their intentions are as described.

Scene:

My scene will feature a goblin zeppelin that survived the assault on the Broken shore and that has been loaded with some sweet loot.. eh materials for research purposes, docked at the landing on the broken shore ready for departure.

Here are some initial sketches

sketch of the zeppelin base model with no loot

sketch of possible loot that has dropped from the sky or the ship.

I am looking forward to competing in this contest and hope that I can finish my entry.

Cheers :slight_smile:.

Love the story and the sketches! Can't wait to see more!

(Michael Calvert) #3

Neat sketches, looking forward to this getting modeled.

(Lorenzoderijcke) #4

Hi all a WIP screenshot for you all :slight_smile:

starting on the block out of my zeppelin

Cheers :slight_smile:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #5

Hi all.

got a small progress update, worked some more on the zeppelin and uploaded to sketchfab.

I hope I can get more work done tonight and tomorrow.
I am aiming to finish the model of the zeppelin tomorrow and start on the cargo of the zeppelin, the spoils of war so to speak.
There are a few things I need to do for the zeppelin to show that the zeppelin has participated in the broken shore offensive. like fell boulder holes in the hull and some bit and pieces that are broken/torn.

among the spoils will be items like demon weapons, armor fell reaver parts, demon tusks, legion banners and other things, depending on how long it will take to create these parts.

I am going a little bit overboard on the to-do list but as I go along I will see what amount of work is achievable in regards to the deadline ofc :wink:.

Feedback and comments are welcome as always.

Cheers :smiley:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #6

Hi All,

Added some details on the deck and have started with the creation of the cargo.

I also updated the model viewer with a more recent version.

Added crates and a cargo grate as well as some fel iron chains and demon armor.

Cheers all :slight_smile:

(Chaitanyak) #7

looks great!
airships are always fun to see! :slight_smile:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #8

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Bart) #9

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Lorenzoderijcke) #10

Hi @bartv,
my entry is coming along fine, a bit slow due to lack of time but it's getting there.

Hi All a Quick update I uploaded the latest version onto sketchfab.

Almost ready to start texturing. But I'm still missing some cargo suggestions anyone ? :wink:

note that some of my meshes display incorrectly due to smoothing and normal issues which are currently being fixed.

I was thinking of putting one of Gul'dan's shoulderpads in there along with some cages and a demonic brazier but I have to see what can be done.

Cheers all :slight_smile:

(Games Joblin) #11

Want free likes from me? Just make Goblin - anything :slight_smile:

(Lorenzoderijcke) #12

Hi All,

I just finished in time,

overall I am happy with the result.
but I would have added more details when I had more time, don't we all.

I enjoyed the contest and wish all the other contestants the best of luck.

Cheers :slight_smile: