Goldfinger's Laser Room

(Ashleybradbury) #1

As part of this competition, what I'm going to do as my entry into the competition is by recreating one of the most tense and in-depth movie scenes in movie history, and more importantly the James Bond movies.....The Laser Beam

The ironic laser beam scene which features James Bond 007 played the legendary Sir Sean Connery, tied onto a table and facing a very close encounter with a sudden red industrial laser beam between the legs and going up the.....well, keep it a friendly post if you get my drift :wink: Facing certain doom and quoting to Mr Goldfinger "Do you expect me to talk?" which then counter the response by Goldfinger "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!"

I have already made this particular laser room on two different occausions due to the change in software packages, and it would help in adding some content onto Sketchfab at last.

What would you guys this? Worth adding it? Also, becuase I'm from the UK, would I still be allowed to enter

Ooh, tense scene! Do you mean you've already modeled this scene before? And yes, this is an international contest, all are welcome to join :slight_smile:

(Paulchambers3d) #3

Ohhh. A cool scene from one of the best 007 movies!

(Ashleybradbury) #4

Yes but that for like a private use, basically I had modelled this in blender, and then i use to Lightwave as part of my university course in the Uk, and I've pretty much switched back and forth

My 1st attempt at the scene was on Blender
My 2nd attempt (remake) was on Lightwave

Whats the rule on this, do I have to remake for the third time to show WIP?

(Ashleybradbury) #5

Oh yes definitely, and it's a brilliant scene to work with, and if you think of the 50+ year history of the James Bond films, every bond fan will recall this scene and more importantly put this as one of their top 10 favorite scenes of all time.

This was definitely movie-making at it's finest

You don't have to start from scratch, but you've got until Oct. 13-- add some extras and go deeper; show the WIPs from there!

(Ashleybradbury) #7

Okay well, how do I do that exactly? Do I just post up pictures of the progression or do I have to load the 3D model everytime a progression has been done?

Also, as for texturing, I've been using surface editor within Lightwave as there is a lot of solid colour layers but there are some however that are such a bit of image textures, so would that effect textures when importing it to SketchFab as an OBJ?

You do have to forgive, its my very first time entering a 3D competition like this, and I've never rarely been on SketchFab til today.

Whichever works for you! Why don't you post screenshots for minor changes and post private embeds of major milestone changes in your scene? And don't worry about asking questions-- excited that you're here!

(Ashleybradbury) #9

and as for the model imports, what do I have to do about that becuase when I imported something, all the textures were not displayed at all, it was all white

(Bart) #10

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

We'll be in touch :slight_smile: