Halloween 2015 Contest: The Shack: Lonley Predator! [FINAL]

(Electrocactus) #1

Hello everyone! I have decided to join the party and participate the Halloween contest. Have not done much at the moment, however, this weekend will be full of hard work and fun times! :smile:

So here is a really mysterious screen-shot of what I'm up to...

(Bart) #2

A very mysterious start! Nice job :smile:

(Electrocactus) #3

Thanks!

There will be more images soon! But I will keep it mysterious :smiley:

(Electrocactus) #4

So, mesh is all cleaned up and presentable :smiley: This is the shack, but don't bee fooled, it's only a small part of the scene, the interesting stuff is kept in secret :wink:

(Electrocactus) #5

Updated the scene, made basic terrain/environment, so I have some kind of understanding, how it will look at the end!

(Electrocactus) #6

Unwrapped pretty much all and started the long texturing process. Time is running out and free time is limited, so don't know how I will manage to finish it. Still, better to participate and try, than don't try at all. So here is the sneak preview, on texturing style.

Also, did some tests in sketchfab and all looks pretty much as I expected.

(Oskarsdzenis) #7

Texturing looks pretty intresting. Can't wait to see final result.

(Electrocactus) #8

Much more WIP pictures will be added here, so stay tuned! :wink:

(Electrocactus) #9

Ok, so this is how far I am with texturing. Does not seem much, but today I pretty much nailed down the art-style, for my work. Tomorrow, I hope to get most of the texturing done, for cabin.

(Electrocactus) #10

Soooo, been kinda busy and did not do as much as I would like to do... I decided to post my last picture in this thread, I will continue work, but I want to keep some mystery on things, that I have planned to add. So enjoy my last WIP picture, before the final phase! :+1:

(Electrocactus) #11

Hello everyone! So after long stressful hours, I have finalized my contest entry. :smile:
I will probably update something, today and tomorrow, but probably, only textures and annotations.

(Electrocactus) #12

Things that I will be fixing today:
- annotations
- specular maps
- updating texture on building
- adding as much detail as I can, till contest end.
- adding normal maps

(Electrocactus) #13

Tested scene on MAC, DELL and LG screens, color balance seems to be right. So yeah, woop, my Halloween 2015 scene is done! Enjoy!

The Shack: Lonely Predator by electrocactus on Sketchfab

(Bart) #14

The winners are in! Check them out and leave a comment on the blog post :smile:

(Electrocactus) #15

Contest is done, however, watching so many awesome scenes, I have decided to update my work with few more things. So stay tuned, I will be posting WIP pictures! :smile: