Halloween 2015 scene WIP: A nice place for eternal rest [Final]

(Dark Minaz) #1

Dear Sketchfab Community

I hope i get the time to finish it, but this is my rough draft.
- House in "ruins", probably make it a stone house where parts are broken off
- a "bed"in the house (probably with 2 skulls in it,one big one small)
- the long things are supposed to be thorns/spikes
- the well will have some form of blood or something in it
- the thing on the left will be a tree with a rope
- "spooky kinda broken gate"
- graves, because Halloween wouldn't be fun without the Undead
- that bended hill from "nightmare before cristmas" not sure it it fits in the end, but i wanted to have a little part of my fav movie to that topic in it. (maybe just make a little jack doll or something for the dead kid as little hidden thing)
not sure if i should make a wall around it or not

Depending on time i might add some more stuff later

Comparison to the current state :stuck_out_tongue: guess the idea is still mostly the same.

(Dark Minaz) #2

Tree, with rope, nature takes so long to create ... should have used a maya asset or something i guess, but i wanted a "creepy" tree

Doghouse for "zero"

(Dark Minaz) #3

and a skull well the upper part, decided to leave a hole in the lower part to be able to put them on stuff
i probably add teeth as texture since it would use to many poly for such a tiny detail
Well that is all for today

after 4 hours of edits on my skulls i now got 3 versions. "broken" "broken with hole" (normal "smooth version") "normal"

(Dark Minaz) #4

didn't have a lot of time, so i just worked on my tree a bit, gave it a bit more creepy dark texture, fixed a bit on the rope

guess ill go for the gate and the floor tiles now for the next 2 hours.

e: and the gate, kinda tired now, so ill guess the rest is for tomorrow.

(Dark Minaz) #5

Textures and uv done for the entry, added skull to the tree, because ... well i made one with a hole for that reason :smile:
House walls are also done (playing minecraft mode aka just stacking the stones the way i want, but bed, details, walkway, thornfield, roof and many things still need to be done.
but at least it's starting to look kinda the way i wanted it to look.

(Bart) #6

Very nice! I like the dog house too :smile: Thanks for joining us, best of luck!

(Dark Minaz) #7

thanks, i kinda had to do at least 1-2 things from Nightmare Before Christmas, that was kinda the "horror" story i grew up with.
Got 2 other little gimmicks (from movies that i kinda connect to it), but i keep them a secret till the end, hiding objects wouldn't be fun if you know where to look :smile:

(Bart) #8

Yeah yeah, don't spoil the hidden secrets! :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #9

finally an update, had some work to do the last 2 days.
still a few things left to do but it's starting to get in the area that i wanted.

(Dark Minaz) #10

placing down my objects and well a "all obj layer" checkbox on
finishing the fence, a bit work on the wall, and around 10 little things and i am finally at stage 1 final :stuck_out_tongue:

(Dark Minaz) #11

changed some textures, did work on the wood planks (some details when you zoom in and stuff)
did the fence, and added the blood of the innocent ... was quite hard to find that one :stuck_out_tongue:
well now i need some sort of blood well or something around that around and then start adding more details.
all hail lor c'tulu

edit:

rest of the details and stuff is for tomorrow

(Dark Minaz) #12

the dark ghost is back (ajin manga)
loved that idea that there is a ghost that follows us around, so ghost buddy decided to check on his human, only to see him dead :frowning:

also made some candles and some bones.

but everything still looks so "clean" i wonder how i can give it that creepy look without lights (or well with the options i have on sketchfab)

(Dark Minaz) #13

did some work on the stuff around, and inside the house (not posting, since i'm tring to keep that a "secret" )
but i figured that i should post a wire shot for once :smile:
to do: work on the blood (some darker, lighter texture versions)
- cups, a few daggers, maybe some spiderwebs

unless someone got a better idea what i could add^^

(Dark Minaz) #14

little update, and a "render" version
more to do after dinner :stuck_out_tongue:

e: and a dagger, kinda got stuck watching a show till i had the idea for some sort of fish-like skull dagger.

(Dark Minaz) #15

the mountain was a naughty thing so i had to chain it up.
also fluffy did run away from his cage ...

and the tree kinda wanted to get into x-mas spirit, luckily i had some little objects to decorate it a bit :smile:

(Dark Minaz) #16

got sick, so i didn't do anything yesterday.
But thanks to the magic pills i could get myself to do a bit today
billy talent - fallen leaves
+ more new graves
+ change of the back
well and a few other things that i keep hidden for a while (or until i forget to hide the layer while doing a screenshot :P)

(Dark Minaz) #17

the gate of truth from FMA / robert fludd / binah
well i didn't do the lower part exact, since that little tree stuff just didn't look fitting somehow.
also i added the progress parts

(Dark Minaz) #18

did quite a lot of updates on my scene, but i don't want to spoil all of it, so just 2 screens
(mostly work on the textures, roof of the main building, details, well, walls and a few other little creepy mystery things to discover

oh and my gate if finally done and got some textures, and i still got both of my arms :smiley:

(Dark Minaz) #20

since i have to work tomorrow i finished my entry today, sleep is overrated anyway

Final Entry

Halloween - a nice Place for an eternal Rest by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

e: added annotations, guess i need pro to add more :frowning:

(Jguach) #21

Yeep just 5 :frowning: