Sketchfab Forum

Halloween 2015 [WIP] - Victorian Staircase

(Bradandersonjr) #1

Hey!

Here's a quick collage for my idea for the contest! I wanted to go with a creepy Victorian staircase, the kind you get the heebie-jeebies from when you're looking up them. I'm going for a realism approach so that'll be a fun challenge. I'll be using Blender, Photoshop, and Substance Designer. This should give me the opportunity to hide some fun little 'treasures' around the scene. The initial challenge for modeling is how do I make an stagnant model feel 'off', as to the effect a awkward camera angle can make. Maybe subtly altering the proportions to try and force a subconscious anxiety... but we'll see! I'll keep y'all posted!

Thanks!

(Bart) #2

Thanks for joining! I'm curious to see which element you'll pick to make it 'creepy', I guess the light/atmospheric effects will play a large role too?

(Bradandersonjr) #3

I decided to go with more actual proportions and just go with a more dynamic camera FOV. When it's finished it'll be build to be experienced in the First Person instead of Orbital, so you can kind of 'walk' around it. I was REALLY hoping Spot Lights could have been attached to the camera to have a flashlight effect, which I think would have definitely made my scene but I reckon that's not gonna happen. =] I hope to have the interior finished in the next few days, spend a few days on all the props then UV and texture for the home stretch!

House004 by BradAndersonJr on Sketchfab

(Bart) #4

The winners are in! Check them out and leave a comment on the blog post :smile: