Sketchfab Forum

Halloween Challenge - Fallen Angel

(Brinihollywood) #1

I'm not really in the right mood for Halloween after all this clown terror in recent weeks. On the other hand - I really want to contribute something, so I told myself: "just don't do anything too creepy."
This is what I got so far:

I can't really tell too much about my motives, because I don't know. I started from nothing with a very loose idea and ended up with this.
I probably just did this to prove to myself that I have no idea of human anatomy. :slight_smile:

I kind of messed up the wing, but don't think I can fix that without starting all over again.
At this point I'm fixing errors and painting more details.

(Chaitanyak) #2

very interesting !
Primary concern is the rotation axis.. but you can fix that in sketchfab itself..

second is the bottom.. looks too much like an amputated limb that healed up.. maybe ad more gore.. make it more decapitated looking(if that makes sense)

i like the hands, wing and face.. the wounds and orifices(including mouth.. ears) could use a little blood drip from a corner maybe?

another effect to play with.. is the frozen time look.. you could do that by having some feathers that came off the wing and are in mid air..

actually could do that with some drippy blood drops..

anyway good effort so far! keep it up!

(Brinihollywood) #3

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, chaitanyak!
I have some problems with the configuration of the axis on my tablet. It's not really responsive. When I publish my final entry I'll do it on a real OS. I totally like the idea of the frozen time look. Feathers would be so cool. But that's the thing with 123Dsculpt+, at this point it's pretty much impossible to add details like that. I wish I had thought of that before. :frowning:
I'll definitely add some blood, and I argee that the bottom needs more work.

(Adam Beamish) #4

It's looking good. Stick with it! I wished Sculpt+ had better tools! But it's also a challenge using the app to see how far you can push it.

If your having problems with the wings then make them look worn and beaten to help with the polygon problems. Sometimes using the smooth then the grab tool and then repeating the process again and again can resolve some of the problems. Unfortunately when polygons start to form a very fine needle looking point it is extremely difficult to fix in Sculpt+.

Try and make the errors and problems part of the design. It's looking good so don't give up! :slight_smile:

(Brinihollywood) #5

Small update. Fooled around with bump maps. Painting bumps on your "high poly" model is like reverse engineering, great fun. I'm not too happy with the result though. I have never painted those myself, so I had no idea what I was doing. Tomorrow is an official holiday in germany so I have some free time to finish this. :slight_smile:

(Adam Beamish) #6

1 day left to get your entry finished for the Challenge! :slight_smile:

(Brinihollywood) #7

What a bummer! I overwrote my latest color texture with the lightning texture in 123dsculpt+, so i had to use the old one. :frowning:
Anyway, this is my final version. Working on this angel was kind of creepy and I'm somewhat glad it's over. :wink: