Harry Potter - Hogwarts great hall

(JER3D) #1

Hey,

For this contest i am going to reproduce the hogwarts great hall from Harry potter.
The scene will be animated (the candles will move a bit, and the roof will change for exemple)

(JER3D) #2

Update 1

Most of the layout is done,
I'm currently cleaning a bit the scene because there is too much polys, and it might not run smoothly with the textures and animation.if I leave it like that.

(Mrrobot) #3

With good lightning that's gonna be awesome!

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

This is going to be beautiful! In the WIP, where is the animation? Just curious, maybe I missed it.

(JER3D) #5

Thank's @c0re :smiley:

There is no animation yet,

but there will be : flying candles, changing ceilling, animated fire, and probably more =)

(JER3D) #6

Little update.

I've finished all the gargoyles cleaned the scene a bit, and add some props.

(JER3D) #7

I'm currently working on the textures.

here is a preview of the gargoyles (they might not be in gold in the final scene)

(Sensationalgames) #8

wow....I haven't possibility to win :frowning:
which software have you used to texture gargoyles?

(JER3D) #9

haha thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

I use Substance painter for the textures.

(JER3D) #10

New Update with some texture.

(the scene is a bit heavy, it will take some time to load)

(Adam0702) #11

haha thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

I use Substance painter for the textures.

(JER3D) #12

(JER3D) #13

Almost done

(JER3D) #14

test on the clouds

(JER3D) #15

Done ! :smiley:

Here is my final entry for the contest.
At first I wanted to do a static scene. But I had to animate a bit the clouds and the candles to make the whole scene feel more immersive.
So I don't know if I can put this scene for the static part of the contest anymore. I think that animated mean something more like acting characters or a scene that is focused on the animation.
This one is more like an enhenced static i think.

Anyways thank you sketchfab for setting up awesome contest like that, it was really fun :smiley:

And don't forget to put the textures in HD (Setting -> Texture -> HD)

Really beautiful work, thanks for participating! I would consider this animated, although I see where you are coming from in your logic.

(JER3D) #17

Thank you @c0re :slight_smile:

then i will switch it to animated.

(Max Cajazeiras) #18

Nice work! very good textures!: :thumbsup:

(Marchermitte) #19

Top notch work! Lots of work out into the details (like the gargoyles) ... Bravo!