Hide Annotation Title and Description

I’m using the Sketchfab Viewer API and I’d like to be able to still see the “numbers” associated with annotations, but I don’t want the viewer to give me the title and description of the annotation. I do not want to hide the annotation’s numbered tag, I just don’t want the description/title message to show up when a user selects it.

I’d just like annotations to serve as listeners for certain spots, as I want to just use the “annotationSelect” listener. I also like that annotations allow me to pan to certain locations in the model.

I see that there is an option to hide the visibility of annotations completely. Is there a way for me to disable just annotation descriptions and titles from showing up when a user selects them?

Thanks.

For Viewer API version 1.6, we are considering adding hideAnnotationTooltip and showAnnotationTooltip methods, which could allow you to use the native annotations and the related events, but keep the tooltip/description hidden. Do you think something like that would meet your needs?

Viewer API 1.6 is expected to be released in Q4 of this year. An alternative for now would be to implement fully custom annotations, e.g. https://labs.sketchfab.com/experiments/custom-annotations/

1 Like