Sketchfab Forum

How about FBX files?

(Uncle808us) #1

When will we be able to upload FBX files?

(Adeboye Grillo) #2

To the best of my knowledge, the .FBX format is well suppoted. It's my favourite

(Uncle808us) #3

On the upload page I did not see it listed. How do you use it? If you don't mind me asking you, and Thank you for the reply. Just noticed the little (?) so I a dunce. Also I tried to upload the FBX and it worked like a charm.

(Simon Kratz) #4

Up til now I always used objs. Are there any advantages fbx offers?

(Uncle808us) #5

Yes you just upload 1 file the FBX all the textures come with it, no zipping up textures easier. IMO.

(Simon Kratz) #6

Oh i see, thx. Gonna give it a try next time smiley

(Uncle808us) #7

You're welcome. I was hoping to be able to move some parts but I don't think you can.

(Adeboye Grillo) #8

the fbx handles the normals on mesh objects better and it exports faster than the obj. FBX files are however larger than the obj files.

We have pretty robust support for FBX. You can embed your textures or include them in a ZIP. I would recommend zipping either way, just to reduce file size.

You can also include up to 3 lights in FBX and they should be imported.

All supported formats: https://help.sketchfab.com/hc/en-us/articles/202508396-3D-File-Formats

(Simon Kratz) #10

Wow sounds great! Gotta try that open_mouth

(Adeboye Grillo) #11

I never tried exporting lights in the fbx files. this would make a whole lot of difference. I can't wait to publish another work

(Adeboye Grillo) #12

here is one of my fbx exports from 3ds max

House on the Rock PBR (phase1) by Adeboye Grillo on Sketchfab

the textures were zipped(RAR) along