I am trying to improve this bronze sculpture's photo scan:
Right now I have done 7 chunks:
Top 57 photos
Mid-top 65 photos
Plus 44 photos in 45o with it facing down and 43 photos in 45o facing up for the bottom part to be merged later.
Since I can not really put it on a stand because it is heavy and could fall, I had not choice but to shoot it in different angles and skip more photos from lower ground.
I know it is not an easy piece to do, but I figured if I can conclude this one, other ones won't be so complex.
So, as you can see by the photos compared to the scan, there seem to be a great deal of messed up poligons. I set up light so that it can also help show up the imperfections.
There is a bit of a problem at the bottom part since it seems that the exposure changed a bit and the merging of the chunks (even though they were aligned) really show the poligons of where I cut it.
I did some deleting at the dense clouds stage to get rid of some messed up data, but still some white background still spilled on the model.
I didn't use any mask.
The Dense Clouds processs took 4 hours. I got a Macbook Pro, El Capitan, I7, 16 GB, SSD 256, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024MB.
Please feel free to comment and question. Any advise, critique or suggestion is welcomed.
Thank you so much!