How to create animated emissive materials?

Is it possible to create blinking emissive lights? Like with a sine wave or something. Or better yet being able to animate emissive intensity of materials by hand that plays indefinitely.

2 Likes

It is not possible as far as I know, but it sounds interesting … hopefully some of the programming guys are mentioned and send some response!

1 Like

You could try and make two same meshes with a different materials with different settings for emission.
Animate them in a way that they would swap over time in a single frame. It will probably have an effect of blinking light.
I didn’t try it, but I think it would work :thinking:

2 Likes

It would be a viable workaround. Thanks! But in the future if we can animate the emissive intensity we can do much more complex stuff. Like emissive signs that flickers a bit and something like those. But in the meantime I will do a test with your method. Thanks again.

4 Likes

Yes Warkarma is worth it, because I usually use these tricks, but it would be important to have that option in Sketchfab, to speed up the work!

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I would love to have this option as well. I am sure it will be added some day, but for now, we have to use tricks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I really support this idea! It would mean a lot for some objects to stand out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes