How to create coloured reflections?

Hey guys,
I have created a sunglasses model, but it has some kind of thin film material that makes the reflections also take on the yellow tint of the film.
I thought I would be able to achieve this by using tint in the specular field, but I can still see the reflections from environment map unaffected.
Is there a way to achieve this effect in Sketchfab? I tried using gltf 2.0 materials, but even there it doesn’t seem to be working properly.
Any help / pointers are welcome.

Hi, what about this?

Hey @Tycho_Magnetic_Anoma ,

Thanks. That’s exactly what I was looking for. Can you tell me how would I achieve this?

Please bare in mind, i forced specular highlights to be yellowish using color balance , this will effect all your scene not just the lenses, but your glass frames seem matt so i thought it might work.

Also this only took a couple of mins, there are plenty of settings you can tweak
you could also add fine scratches and wear/dirt around/near the frame areas with other sketchfab settings, this was just an example of tinting in a similar way you described

2 Likes

This wasn’t my exact approach in the end, but it gave me the idea as to how to setup the material in the gltf 2.0. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

cool, glad you found your own solution, yup there would be a few ways to do this i suppose
good luck with you project too!