How to set up blinking lights in Sketchfab

lights

(Ralph Edenbag) #1

Hi everyone,
I’m just discovering every week techniques in sketchfab, but I have trouble finding out how to set up blinking lights in sketchfab
As a test, I have tried to have objects with emission set at full throttle that are popping out of my model (under a half opaque plane) but I’m really not convinced it is the good manner. I have succeeded in having coloured light btw, it’s all white

If anyone knows how to set it up, that would be helpful

To be upfront, I’m modelling in Blender.

Regards
Ralph

Since my original post

• i have set the emission to around 4/100, which at least colours the light
  • I believe that i should shorten the lap time between “on” and “off” as actually it shows an uneven transition.
  • IMHO, enabling “bloom” will enhance the “light” effect.

(Shaderbytes) #2

moving objects from occluded to unoccluded is just about how anyone would do it ( on sketchfab at least )

imho you need to tone down your post filters and work on your materials a bit

(Shaderbytes) #3

here i switched the screen with the same logic :slight_smile:

(Ralph Edenbag) #4

Thanks ! Regarding a material, yes, needs improvement. My purpose was setting up a blinking technique rather than the material of the box, though :wink:
That said, thanks for your help. You’re right, I definitely have to be lighter on the effects menus.

(Dark Minaz) #5

Id do it with a simple extra material that got it’s own emission, so pretty much as done now.
Id make the box a bit darker and use one of the more “colorless” hdri options, church or studio
and then enable bloom to give it a bit of that blink look.

Alternative you could add some transparent flat layers to fake a glow once the blink goes out. Floor_opacity
^ something like this and animated them with the light object to move forth and back

i don’t think there is much more you can do really