HTML code in model descriptions

website

(Landy42) #1

I was wondering if there is any way to edit model descriptions in html code. The reason I ask is that i would like to generate superscripts and subscripts within the description using html codes. Any suggestions?

Hello,

You can't use raw HTML, but we do support Markdown in Descriptions and Annotations.

However, it looks like we don't support the subscript and superscript syntax like:

H~2~O
32^nd^

@arthurjamain Is it easy to add additional Markdown syntax, or are we stuck with a particular spec? There are several things here we don't support, but I don't know how standard they are: https://beegit.com/markdown-cheat-sheet

(Mauricesvay) #3

This might not work for everything, but you can use unicode characters for sub/superscripts.

(Szczepaniak Bartek) #4

This sounds kind of strange as I can sourly use html tags (< br> < p> < em> etc.) in my model description, also escaping special characters with \ is working.
(i.e. escaping * produce:

* List item

instead of

• List item

)
Is this desired behaviour ?

Hmm, I'm not sure if that is intentional. @arthurjamain ?

(Arthur Jamain) #6

It sort of is, although unspecified. Anything that you could get through Markdown rendering can be used directly. That means p's, a's, etc. (most formatting tags really). In theory it's not really useful though since you're strictly limited to what you could produce through regular Markdown syntax. Maybe there are practical sides.

Sub/Super scripts sound pretty useful though. I'll have a look at adding them !

Cheers,

-- Arthur J
Front @ Sketchfab

(Landy42) #7

That would be awesome Arthur!

(9marveric) #8

HTML or Hyper-text Mark-up Language is the globally accepted programming language that powers the web. Prior to the introduction of HTML, the designing of a web page was limited to a great extent. And as there were no HTML editors, web developers had to learn a coding language as a mandate which made it all the more tedious. gclub

With the introduction of HTML code, there was no need to type in HTML code from the start. Since then, many HTML editors have emerged, and the most popular ones today are Front Page and Dreamweaver.

Though these editors have their positives and negatives, they are very efficient when talking about HTML Coding. Like any language, once you master it, you can begin to start by your own, be it simple websites or
complex web applications.

sbobet