I got a question!

(Fat Of The Land) #1

Can the Clubhouse theme be related with a popular tv show or a movie?
Also regarding the Mozilla Hubs Avatar…can we download the avatar model from somewhere?

(Shaderbytes) #2

Read the Competition page again , it answers all your questions , eg :

Submit only new work, but feel free to submit multiple scenes.
No ripping of models from anywhere on the Internet.

cheers

(Fat Of The Land) #3

Thank you for your response but that doesn t really answer my question.

Can that so called “new work” be based on a movie? There s a difference between new work and original.

(Shaderbytes) #4

you had two questions , I didnt copy and paste the answer for both , I just gave you an example to an answer for one of your questions . You seemed to miss the entire first line of my post , here it is again :

“Read the Competition page again , it answers all your questions”

(Fat Of The Land) #5

Maybe u should go read the competition page before trying to “help” someone…

(Shaderbytes) #6

Apologies , I read the answer to your other question in another thread regarding the competition , not the competition page , anyway the sketchfab head of community addressed this very question in that thread eg :

“Yes, fan-art is allowed, but always provide credits to the original.”

so there is your answer, sorry for the confusion again , I will ask the head of community to update the official competition page with this info :wink:

cheers

(Bart) #7

To be sure:

• Yes, fan-art is allowed as long as it’s properly crediting the original
  • Regarding downloading the avatar: that’s a good idea! @joshmarinacci do you have this asset available for downloading?

(Fat Of The Land) #8

Thank you sir!
I won t be needing the avatar anymore but i m pretty sure others might find it helpful .

(Joshmarinacci) #9

what ‘avatar’ are you referring to? the bot bodies?

(Bart) #10

Yeah I assumed that’s what he meant at least :slight_smile:

(Joshmarinacci) #11

I think the Maya resources are here: https://github.com/MozillaReality/mr-social-assets