About this service
Our lab was established in 2003 at the Idaho Museum of Natural History. We have experience with just about any and all material types and are equipped to handle any size job. Our workflow allows us to have a very rapid turn around time which means we have very competitive pricing,
- References/former clients: Smithsonian Institute, Burke Museum, Utah Museum of Natural History, Discovery Channel, History Channel, Animal Planet, and many more!
- Website: http://imnh.isu.edu/home/idaho-virtualization-laboratory/
- How to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specialisation: Laser scanning, Lidar, photogrammetry, structured light
- Equipment/software: Faro Edge Arm, Faro Focus, Cannon, Nikkon, Creaform GoScan 50
- Location: Pocatello, Idaho
- Ability to travel: Fully capable of travelling anywhere in the world.
- Resolution: down to .001 mm
- Guaranteed accuracy: .005 mm
- Max / min scannable sizes: Mountains to thimble sized
- Textures: yes
- Deliverable file formats: .obj, .stl, primarily but we can convert to any standard format
- Additional services: 3D print prep, digital modelling, archival photography, animation
- Costs: very competitive
We specialize in heritage scanning, particularly paleontology and modern osteological collections. In house we have a combined 30 years of experience with scanning and modelling and there is no job that we can't handle!
- Aerial vector: no
- Georeferenced: yes
- Viewing software provided: Sketchfab - Acute3D free downloadable viewer - Acute3D plug-in free webgl viewer
- Measurement tool: position, distance, height, surface, volume : included with free viewer