Is it possible to apply an AO pass to an entire model?

materials

(Plae) #1

I uploaded a simple model from SketchUp and added some omni lighting (didn't like the jagged cast shadows produced by the directional lights). Looks great - I only wish I could add an AO-like element to add some realism. I see there's an AO slider in the materials section, but moving it around doesn't seem to change anything.

Any help is appreciated!

(Chaitanyak) #2

which renderer are you using?
i find that pbr has what i need by default..

can also look at the built in lighting presets.. they seem to be caliberated well.. you can always further tweak them if you need to.

other than that i can only think of baking it into your textures.. and then bringing the textures to sketchfab.

(Shaderbytes) #3

There is no SSAO post effect in sketchfab currently. You need to bake your AO maps and import them in the editor. The slider will then control the influence of the baked maps.

hth

(Plae) #4

Great info, thank you! Is there a way to bake AO maps from SketchUp and then import them into the editor? I have V-Ray, if that helps.

(Dark Minaz) #5

you need a uv for that, so you could take the model into blender (or any other 3d tool), create a uv and create the ao there.
I am not aware of a automatic solution.
But maybe someone knows an alternative :slight_smile: