Is it possible to Use a downloadable Marker in AR or auto place and position a model?

ar

(Nickquest4096) #1

I’m having a gallery show with some 3d content and I’m using Sketchfab AR on a couple of tablets, but I would also like to provide a way for people with AR on their phones to take part. I just don’t want them to have to place and scale the model themselves. Kind of emersion breaking for this experience. Ideally, I would love for them to be able to point their camera at a marker and have the model appear in space at a preset size and position. Is anything like t his possible with the current ar capabilities?

Thanks

(Tiagojdferreira) #2

Hi @nickquest4096

We currently do not support AR markers, and it is not part of our ongoing projects. I have added your suggestion to our ideas board, so we can discuss it in the near future.

Cheers,

Tiago

(Nickquest4096) #4

I see, thanks for the quick reply.

Best,
Nick

(Milelk) #5

Hi @nickquest4096 and @tiagojdferreira, this is what I was looking for in Sketchfab actually, thanks for the Q&A. I am also looking to exhibit an art show and wanting visitors to the show to be able to install an app available on Android and iOS and view the AR associated with the art without having to position the model themselves (using markers). Hope to see this feature available in the future!
Cheers