Issues with the textures, please help!

(Alexvg3d) #1

First I would like to apologize for my bad English, I work on 3d max 2017 to model my projects and alway I have problems with some textures in each projects to export to Sketchfab, I followed step by step how to export 3d max to sketchfab and used different way......, but always the same issues. Some textures doesn't show or doesn't fit. I leave down a link to see the problem and the 3d max file too

In 3d max

In 3d max

File Dropbox

I hope someone can help me or give me any advice.....Thank you very much!!!!!

(Sourdays) #2

Hey Alex Vg,

For your house model, have you tried manually putting the texture onto the material in the 3D setting option of sketchfab? If so what happens?

The second model, the texture repetition may be related to the uvs. For the brick textures did you use a hue node to alter the colour? What I learn from using sketchfab or any game engine really, is that the shaders from Maya/Max doesn't usually export so you have to bake the texture or just modify the material in the 3D setting.

Wish I could help more by seeing your file but I don't have Max to open the it. If you export as fbx i could take a look. Or one of the gurus here may have the answer.

(Simon Kratz) #3

My guess for the issue is similar. Do you use the UV Tiling parameters in max?
All the parameter or node based stuff must be baked into the texture in order to maintain the look.
You can use the Sketchfab plugin to bake the lighting and textures.
Also make sure your UVs are in the 0-1 square.
Good luck and keep us up to date :slight_smile:

(Stephomi) #4

Usually when you set a texture and nothing happened it's an UV issue.
However even when you set a flat color on the material, the material is still "black", even on shadeless.

So... it's the vertex colors (black colors on every vertex, they are multiplied against the albedo), you can disable them in the sketchfab editor.

To make it worse, each vertex has a 0 alpha, so if the transparency channel is enabled the material is going to be all transparent.

(Alexvg3d) #5

Thank you so much Sourdays, Essimoon and Stephomi for your help. I solved the problem with the textures. I'm very gratefull.
Here below I attached the result, but unfortunately I have other issues....the annotation doesn't stay in the right position...... any idea why?

(Bob Danforth) #6

Hi Alex,
A thing I have found is applying the textures in the Sketchfab edit area allows for depth in the texture by creating each of them separately and uploading them after> I started in 3D Max and am now n Blender but the concept is similar. Even making things like clapboard,or tile as an array of 3d objects, or a high poly displace object for the sole purpose of making a nice set of textures is worth the effort when applied to a large flat surface that does not have such geometry. AO maps, and,normal maps especially can pop out a normally flat texture.

Exporting as obj also seems to be universally useful in any 3d system.

(Stephomi) #7

@alexvg3d The annotation position is an issue on our end. We'll try to get it fixed soon!

(Alexvg3d) #8

@stephomi Ok, Thank you very much :slight_smile:

(Alexvg3d) #9

@dragon_ronin ok, Thank you very much for your advices. I'm very grateful. :slight_smile:

(Stephomi) #10

@alexvg3d The fix should be live now.

(Klaasnienhuis) #11

@alexvg3d the texture issue might be related to something I've written earlier:

(Alexvg3d) #12

@klaasnienhuis Thank you very much. It's very helpful :slight_smile: