Jurassic Park toilet scene

(Miekeroth) #1

An oldy but iconic I think. I'm not sure if I am going to animate it, but this is the scene I am going for:

(Bart) #2

Haha, I had forgotten how excellent this scene was!

(Miekeroth) #3

yeah :wink: me too. It's going to be very rewarding to just make it!

(Miekeroth) #4

Base of the T.rex:

Luckily I aready had another theropod lying around

(Alban) #5

Awesome idea @miekeroth!

(Miekeroth) #6

Thanks @alban! I'm using my strength :wink:

(Miekeroth) #7

Just took a peek at what @dark_minaz wrote. And I think it's a really good idea to break down the scene.
Basically it's a small toilet building at the side of the road. two jurassic park cars are on that road, one broken and up side down, the fence on the other side of the road is broken down. It's raining like mad and everything is muddy or wet.

(Miekeroth) #8

the road:

(Rmorais) #9

Nice polyflow on the T-Rex nd nice modeling speed as well.
Keep at it

(Miekeroth) #10

Thanks!

You're really fast! And love how you honed in on this scene, very unique :wink:

(Miekeroth) #12

Thanks!

(Miekeroth) #13

Here the first WIP of the cars. It isn't correct yet, at least it's a car that looks a bit like those used :wink:

Still need a lot of decimating, and adding details and textures of course

(Miekeroth) #14

And a basic banana

(Miekeroth) #15

And the WIP base of the environment:

(Miekeroth) #16

(Miekeroth) #17

the "real" bananas were too heavy for the scene, so here an alternative. I already placed both cars in the scene too.

You're so fast! Looking good!

(Rmorais) #19

Really nice usage of sketchfab's lightning system... amd damn you're really fast! Keep at it :wink:

(Miekeroth) #20

Thanks you both :slight_smile: most of the time I try to go through the setup of a project as fast as I can: getting all the basic elements there so I can take my time for the details.
My emphasis now is on getting the elements down to an acceptable polycount so I don't have to worry about that later on.
The weekend I'm not doing anything so the rest can catch up :sunglasses:
After the weekend I'm working on the people in the scene: the girl and the boy and the 3 adult men. And of course the toilet building ( broken of course).
If I have all the elements, the next move is to rig all the people and the T.rex.
After that I am going for the real details: the textures, the expressions of the faces and the rain.
Still not sure if I will animate anything but if I do it will be the rain and the T.rex eating the lawyer.