Lady and the Tramp- Bella Notte (The spaghetti scene)

(Corellastudios) #1

Hi all,

Thought I'd try my hand at a bit of scene building- its pretty far out of my normal projects which are usually small items for printing, so it should be a great challenge!

I've picked the classic and possibly predictable spaghetti scene from Lady and the Tramp, one of my all time favourites, and should be a fun scene to recreate.

Heres my first little bit of progress, and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!

(Bart) #2

Welcome on board! I've just added one additional month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

We'll be in touch :slight_smile:

PS: quick tip: to embed your Sketchfab model here, just put the model URL on an empty line and it will turn into our player!

(Corellastudios) #3

Thanks for the embedding tip.. first time using the forum :slight_smile:

(Corellastudios) #4

I had to stop uploading each new WIP as a separate file, as I was losing my material and light settings, so unless there is a better way, I'll just update the same WIP file (see above).

At version 7 at the moment, and the general outline is set, still a bit of work to do on Lady, her ears need some bulking out and face shape is a bit off. Still experimenting with Tramps' whiskers and scruffy hair.

I naturally underestimated the size of the outdoor environment, and so have quite a bit of building to do to flesh out the surroundings. I have plans for including a fair amount of the kitchen area, as there is a lot of interesting detail in there.

Here is a clip of the scene if anyone was interested in refreshing memory!

(Creativeblendproductions) #5

Love what you've done so far. :smiley: Its exciting to see what all the different artist come up with. I really think that VR is bringing more to the realm of CGI and movie experience.

(Corellastudios) #6

Thanks! Its been a very fun project so far!

Working more on the surrounding environment now, needs quite a lot of buildings and clutter to achieve the type of immersion and faithfulness to the scene I'm aiming for.

(Creativeblendproductions) #7

Its looking great! :slight_smile:. If you want you can always use image planes to "fake" background buildings and tress. Just a suggestion.

(Corellastudios) #8

Just a quick update... Wasn't really happy with how the ground texture was looking, so I've added some geometry that I will merge with just painted texture further out from the centre of the scene to save on poly count

(Creativeblendproductions) #9

Awesome! Its really looking great. Are you going to do the chiefs in the scene? :slight_smile:

(Corellastudios) #10

I would love to, but I think to give myself the best chance of finishing the scene, I'll leave them out for now, and focus on getting the rest of the environment right, and if i have time, try and put them in after!

(Corellastudios) #11

OK, so I really ran out of time on this one, had so much more I had planned to do with it with added details and the kitchen interior, but anywho, figured I'd rush it together to at least have a submission!

Thanks for the fun challenge!

(Creativeblendproductions) #12

I really bit more then I could chew as well. But I like what you got to do it looks great. :smiley: