Sketchfab Forum

Laserguns go PewPew

(Dark Minaz) #1

HI there

and welcome to my 2nd WIP thread
This one will be focusing on an idea regarding a laser gun.

Now most sci-fi future guns kinda revolve around the principle that you shoot something with high speed.
While mine is based on the kinda marvel science, create energy, aim at direction and let it go.
aka the iron man way, so i started with a simple thing, the ark reactor, add 2 of them on each side and it will create energy .. seems kinda how science could work.

So with that in mind, my ark reactor (4 mia materials, ill do the real textures and uv and a time in the distant future :P)

(Dark Minaz) #2

first kinda shape setup, not really happy with a few parts yet though.

(Dark Minaz) #3

like 4 hours later i made another render .. did scrap quite a lot, still not done but it's more in the area i wanted it
still some spots that i don't feel happy with but i can't seem to find a better way currently, so ill stop for today.

(Dark Minaz) #4

Little "wip update view"

got an input on facebook to change the ammo

chain upgrade

plastic part

Render version (low quali render)

(Dark Minaz) #5

after quite a while of nothing
a little wip version online on sketchfab .P

Lasergun WIP by dark-minaz on Sketchfab

still not 100% happy with all of it but it's getting there :smiley:

(Krzysztof Zwolinski) #6

I love the idea of combining arc reactor to a weapon, but I'm disappointed with the design.
Like the star wars blasters have recoil like shotguns :palm face, your arc weapon have chainsaw?? the ray from arc is to weak so I need chainsaw??
Sorry I am technician guy and for me everything had to have purpose in design.

(Dark Minaz) #7

Well unlike starwars lasers would take a while to recharge, so therefore i added an normal gun to it.
Now if you go into a war zone, you'd need to sometimes open doors or other objects, that is what the chainsaw is for.
So all 3 things do have a use for a kinda advanced cyborg human that would carry it. (also like i said, inspired by gears of war/bulletstorm/unreal, real guns got little useless attachments sometimes)

I am not really that advanced in science to know how good a potential super power generator would be, but no generator would just be able to fire non stop without overheating, nor would it have another load ready every 4sec. (so ark 30sec recharge, combat gun 45 rounds and the chainsaw for cutting doors or close combat where you can't fire the ark)

But i see your point, maybe the chainsaw and the combat gun is a bit overkill, but i like it that way and in my eyes everything got it's purpose.