Lets have a go at it

(Chaitanyak) #1

not taken part in a contest in a while, so will give it a shot.

(Michael Calvert) #2

What are you going to create?

(Chaitanyak) #3

sketching some ideas while watching some gameplay footage.
am not really a player, just did some models for a friends mod/addon years back.

currently liking the idea of doing a mini Wandering Isle
(turtle with a forest/cabin on its shell)

That sounds really beautiful, can't wait to see where this ends up!

(Chaitanyak) #5

some sketches..
had been fascinated by some of the water cross section dioramas ive seen on sketchfab.. time i made one myself

added something close to Legion's color scheme

(Nomadking) #6

Turtles are fun! :wink:

This sounds like a good idea @chaitanyak, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

(Chaitanyak) #7

got a lot of great inputs from @dark_minaz
the turtle in my sketch was looking too cute.. less legion.. so after looking at several refrences of the game, happened on the idea of making it a dead/skeletal part of a lair.. ie: an environment that grew around the giant carcass of a turtle..
anyway looked at some refrences of turtle bones and skulls ..

and finally started modelling this snapping turtle skull.. will add horns etc and make it more legion

Wow that is an awesome reference! Nothing quite like real life skeletons. Love the concept, like a scary version of Discworld. Can't wait to see more WIPs.

(Chaitanyak) #9

a rough layout.. need to model quite a bit.. this gives me an indication of what to put where..

(Chaitanyak) #10

testing some low poly flame ideas.. Non Photo Realistic FTW but.. dunno if i’ll use this for this project..

(Chaitanyak) #11

another flame style i tried out..

animation is oddly messed up.. anyway its not an animation challenge and i have a lot more work to do.
used a texture from IvaxXx - http://ivaxxx.deviantart.com/art/Fire-PNG-494691785 will work on my own soon..

(Chaitanyak) #12

started looking at the layout.. not likeing what i have so far..

meantime started some quick and dirty texturing and painting on cracks.. there are some messed up uvs at the back.. but that wont be visible.. (or will fix.. hmm.. )

using this bone texture pack from PikKatze - http://pikkatze.deviantart.com/art/Bones-Texture-Pack-306145591

(Chaitanyak) #13

made some layout progress... actually starting to feel satisfied with it a bit.. now to WoW it up.. with glowy cracks and green/blue goop and flames..

(Chaitanyak) #14

heres the blocked out layout.. need to get detailing and add more "Legion" elements

(Chaitanyak) #15

worked on the terrain a bit

(Bart) #16

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.

(Chaitanyak) #17

thanks for the headsup!

its going better than i thought it would actually.. need to just finish a few projects this weekend.. so will get back to it by sunday night or monday onwards..

been looking through a lot of refrence videos and a bank of screenshot images (thanks to @dark_minaz ) think this will be the first time i will be texturing stuff in this particular style.. will see how that goes.

(Chaitanyak) #18

did an animation test with the turtle..
just for the heck of it..