Lightmaps + pbr... is there a way?

3d

(Juanmilanese) #1

Lightmaps + pbr… is there a way?

Working with Physically Based Rendering
Working with Physically Based Rendering
(Klaasnienhuis) #2

Perhaps you could be more specific? You can use shadeless pbr mode. In that mode the pbr shader model is a bit limited but you can use AO and cavity textures. It has been added last month: https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/website-change-log/2764/21?u=klaasnienhuis. I think the only thing missing in that mode is a bit of reflection to make transparent materials lke glass stand out.

Check out this example which uses those features: https://forum.sketchfab.com/t/optionsoptions-build-configurators-beta/5581/2?u=klaasnienhuis

(Bart) #3

A post was merged into an existing topic: Working with Physically Based Rendering

(Juanmilanese) #4

I have a question regarding PBR
You can have lightmaps AND use the PBR materials in Sketchfab?
I know that lightmaps partially defeat the purpose of real time lightning but say you created your maps in a pbr enviroment and then you whant to multiply your GI information over the model and say, use the real time reflections (or maybe you want to use the gloss map you autored in quixel or substance designer that's calibrated for PBR and not for the classic shader...)

I mean... i'm not talking nonsense here am I? video games nowadays in the PS4 and such use PBR and lightmaps in conjunction if i'm not mistaken? maybe?? (really i dunno)

Is there a way to combine those two techniques in sketchfab that i'm missing? maybe is not implemented yet? maybe makes no sense to have the 2 things together?

Ambient occlusion PBR
(Stephomi) #5

Like… for example, say I want to bring the same hdri image used to light this scene… and i want to see the reflections of said hdri in the ball making it partially reflectant with just a tad of GI affecting it…

(your model description)
you can upload your own HDRI.

As for pbr lightmap in sketchfab, you can put it in the albedo/diffuse. It's not correct but it's the only solution currently.
Example below : (switch to shadeless to see what is static vs dynamic)

Exterior 02 by Adeboye Grillo on Sketchfab

I mean... i'm not talking nonsense here am I? video games nowadays in the PS4 and such use PBR and lightmaps in conjunction if i'm not mistaken? maybe?? (really i dunno)

It depends.
The issue with baking a RGB standard map is that it won't capture view dependent specular.
(actually you can, but it's not something current general 3d software can export/import)

(Juanmilanese) #6

wow, just saw your answer. thanks for the examples and the explanation!

thanks a lot!

Juan

(Juanmilanese) #7

Yeah i thougt for a moment that Shadeless and PBR where mutually exclusive modes, that was my original question.
But yeah, thanks, I'm gonna check those links.

cheers!

Juan

(Trung23) #8

Hi,Pbr and lightmap can both be used, you can check out here:

Armed (PBR) by Trung Cao on Sketchfab

although this is maynot actually very good (use both albedo & emissive slot)