Little Gul'dan!

(Pigart) #1

I decided to join this contest too. My goal is to make a little (chibi?) Gul'dan and put him in a small scene. I am making the head much larger and the limbs shorter to achieve the look that I am going for. Hopefully a nice face expression and pose will even make him look cute :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a simple sculpt and am now moving on to making the low poly. Then I'll see if I can push the proportions even more.

(Michael Calvert) #2

I think if you're going for Chibi you'll need to up the cuteness factor like 10x.

Interested on seeing a chibi take on him, haha.

(Nomadking) #4

It's a good start and a nice sculpt, but as @rawrsoft said, if your going for Chibi you up the cuteness by a lot! :slight_smile:

(Pigart) #5

Yep, I 100% agree. I worked on the sculpt again the next day and got this

I am making the low poly right now

My idea is to have him in a sort of aggresive/shouting pose with a text bubble saying a death threat or curse. He will most likely be yelling at a little bunny :stuck_out_tongue:

(Michael Calvert) #6

You'll need a bigger head and big eyes to go full on chibi.

(Pigart) #7

I'm not going for a full chibi look. I want a smaller/funnier version of the original legion Gul'dan that is ingame. That's why I'm changing the proportions but I plan on making things like the face similar to the "real" version.

(Bart) #8

Hi, how's your entry coming along? We've just posted a quick update on the main contest thread - please check it out.