Lord of The Rings - It's some form of Elvish

(Mcbuff) #1

I'm going to give this scene a shot.

I'll be making the living room of bilbo's hobbit hole, hopefully I can also make Frodo.
Not sure if I can finish this before the end, but it's going to be a good challenge.
But I'm going to go the lowpoly route I think.

Right now I'm blocking out the scene using some reference

(Mcbuff) #2

So this is a rough blockout of the scene, I think lighting is going to be hard to pull off using sketchfabs lights, so I'm afraid I'm going to need to bake them

(Bart) #3

Welcome on board! I've just added one month of free Sketchfab PRO to your account. You will now be able to upload larger models, use more annotations and more - here's more information.

Also, don't forget to subscribe to the contest news thread and to read the Frequently Asked Questions!

This sounds like a perfect scene for VR, I'll be keeping an eye on your progress :slight_smile:

(Mcbuff) #4

Thanks for that Bart,You know I'm still pondering on the best way to do the lighting.
So I'm looking at lightmapping right at the moment, think I'm going to give that a try.

BTW I'm using blender, thought you'd like to hear that :smiley:

Anyway here's an update , it's set to private so please let me know if it doesn't show. Might need to edit some settings, since I;m new to these hidden models