Mad science contest wip / i love robots "FINAL"

(Smartinius) #1

Hello, iam working on my project for the contest and wanted to show u some WIP. i had an idea at the beginning but i changed course alot because i lost the interest and motivation of what i have planed. i now just do things iam having fun with.. at the end its just a big experiment.

also, its my first own character i did from scratch. finishing the whole process. concept-highres-retopo-UV-baking-textures-tweaking-presentation. i now show some WIP and then the finished character. thanks for reading and may the brush be with you!

my first idea... i wanted to make a sculpture from all sides but i realised, that its to much time i need to spend on this idea and i lost motivation ( computer, maincharacter, 3 experiment subjects, cables and so on....). my maingoal with private projects is, to rather finish something instead of being uverwehlmed and then skip everything. i decided to stop here and started to create the main character because i like it much more to make characters. iam never sad wasting ideas like here... but thats some personal philosophie.

Head WIP with comments.

Low poly marmoset preview with textures

sketchfab preview

Scientist WIP 1.1 by smartinius on Sketchfab

now the main character is basically ready to do something with him ..i need to make everything interesting but for today make a break and play some games or hangout with friends.

here are my concept drawings HAHA. but thats all i need :wink:

thanks for reading.

(Smartinius) #2

hey, i decided to show the secundary assets as well, but i dont know if i will use them. it depends on if i will manage to animate them or not. i bet iam going to do some last minute entry at the end... lets see.

3 robots assets WIP

3 Robots Marmoset Test Pose by smartinius on Sketchfab

(IllusiveBear) #3

Those robots are awesome. i really like the style.

(Jeff Leclerc) #4

I second that! The creativity behind the designs is very impressive.

(Grico316) #6

Your Scientist looks really cool. Love the robot limbs. :smiley:

(Bart) #7

Welcome on board! Don't forget to subscribe to the contest updates thread to receive a notification when we have news to share.

(Bart) #8

Hi,

a quick personal reminder that the Mad Science contest closes next Wednesday (midnight, 23:59 New York time). So whatever you decided to do this weekend - you'd better cancel it and finish your entry :slight_smile:

As always, you can read contest updates here, and if you have any last minute questions feel free to email me at bart@ this website.

Good luck!!

(Smartinius) #9

Hello, here is my final entry. i wish all of you good luck and may the brush be with you!

Sketchfab Sceene Preview 2 by smartinius on Sketchfab

(Edvin Borkovskij) #10

Hearing how robots talk, I can't take this mastermind seriuosly. :smiley: