Sketchfab Forum

Medieval Library

3d

(Robinfab) #1

Im excited to join the competition with everybody else, but I just read about it so I dont have precise concepts yet. Im thinking to make a church or maybe a street performance or maybe something else

(Robinfab) #2

So I gave it some thoughts and since poly count is quite limited I decided to focus on a single subject.. A circus performance could eat up the polies quickly and so i go for a library! Might seem daunting but i have some ideas on saving polies on the books ^^
Here is the blocking of the building

(Robinfab) #3

Please drop a line with your thoughts!

(Bart) #4

I’ve just sent you instructions on how to claim your free Medieval Fantasy Cardboard viewer. Check your private messages here on the forum. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

(Robinfab) #5

Thank you, @bartv! :slight_smile:

(Robinfab) #6

So here is the final shape of the library!

(Lorem Ipsum) #7

Hi Robin, The library idea and shape looks great, I would maybe add smoothing groups to the faceted areas, also, are you going to colourise it?

(Robinfab) #8

@lorem.ipsum oh, the wizard observatory modeler :open_mouth:
you are damn fast at modeling..

Anyways, ye.. there are tons of things i'd like to do. Interiors too and for the towers as well.
Next is beaveling some areas, yep but i intend to use alphas to save lots of polies. Textures and maybe an outer garden.
Im not too good, but hope i can make it -.-

Your observatory is awesome, keep it up ^^

(Robinfab) #9

and croock some stuff like the hat of the towers -.-

(Lorem Ipsum) #10

Sounds awesome, I'm looking forward to the interior especially! Keep going, there is still a lot of time left..

And thanks :blush:

(Robinfab) #11

the entryway of the library

(Robinfab) #12

Final overall shape of the bulding

(Robinfab) #13

and the updated version!

(Robinfab) #14

update on the library

(Robinfab) #15

@bartv ping! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bart) #16

I’ve just sent you instructions on how to claim your free Medieval Fantasy Cardboard viewer. Check your private messages here on the forum. Good luck!! :slight_smile:

(Robinfab) #17

im not that satisfied so heres another try for the library...
Its almost complete already

(Robinfab) #18

So here goes another attempt and this time im finally pretty happy of it :slight_smile:
and ye.. theres a goddamn hole -.-
ill fix that tomorrow!

(Lorem Ipsum) #19

Very cool idea!

(Robinfab) #20

fixed the bugs and updated. Link is still the same