Medieval Ruins - Complete

(Roguenoodle) #21

I think so too :slight_smile: I like the verticality of the castle theme, and the village felt a bit flat in comparison

(Roguenoodle) #22

Little more progress - starting to get a feel for colours and level of detail I'm aiming for (though still a lot left to do...)

(Redmdlee) #23

This is awesome WOW :smiley:

(Zorg741) #24

Cool!

(Roguenoodle) #25

Shifting focus on this a bit (again) which is probably a horrible idea considering the amount of time left, but I wasn't getting anywhere with previous version, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Spent some time on this concept for the finished scene which is more or less where I'm headed, though I may opt for a second tower like the quick blockout below it shows...

(Roguenoodle) #26

Not sure how I missed your comment, but very good point about two separate UV channels!

(Roguenoodle) #27

I couldn't be more all over the road with this competition if I tried, but finally settled on an idea. Hopefully I can pull this together over the weekend :grimacing:

New (super rough) concept:

Screenshot of current Blender progress:

And a quick walkabout in Unity:

Most models so far are just rough block-ins - going to be a close finish if I can make it happen...

(Roguenoodle) #28

A little more progress. Working on the finishing up the various objects separate from the final scene (though still handy to be able to run around them for scale)

(Roguenoodle) #29

This will probably be the last WIP update - need to concentrate on actually finishing this thing... not much time left now :grimacing:

Main layout of the scene is complete, but still missing some smaller details (grass, more stones, etc). Still have the unwrapping, baking and uploading as well. Yikes.

And an overview shot as well:

(Khea) #30

Really cool island! Hang on till the finish line!
+1 for the storytelling/compo, guiding us on a treasure hunt from the landing+parchment to the dungeon :+1:

(Roguenoodle) #31

Finally done - honestly didn't think I'd get in under the deadline :grimacing: Didn't accomplish everything I wanted, but overall satisfied. Congratulations to everyone who entered - looking forward to checking them out! (after I get some sleep)

Final Submission screenshot:

(Lakos) #32

Great job!