About this service
I am available to create 3D models for museums and private collections for display on the web or in virtual tours. I have a PhD in Art History from Princeton (2001), and have been co-curator of several exhibitions of Asian art.
- Refences/former clients: I have created 3D models for the Santa Barbara Museum of Art and for the Bowers Museum in Santa Ana.
- Specialization: I create 3D models of museum and archaeological objects for educational and institutional use. I can also perform art historical research on the models to include annotation information.
- Equipment/software: Photogrammetry 3D scanning using Agisoft PhotoScan and 3D SOM, with hand touchups in Maya and Mudbox.
- Location: I am based in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Ability to travel: I am willing to travel to anywhere with my equipment, but travel expenses will be charged separately.
Max/Min scannable sizes: I have produced good results from objects as small as 3 cm and as large as 2 meters in size.
- Textures: .jpg up to 4096*4096
- Deliverable file formats: I can deliver the files in OBJ format, or standalone players for Flash, Java, or WEB GL.
- Additional Services: I can also create virtual museums to display the objects for web-based or mobile delivery.
- Costs: The costs vary per project, but generally I charge $1,000 per finished model, plus any additional travel expenses.