Sketchfab Forum

Need help Error 13

upload

(Bored Arsonist) #1

I keep getting this Error:

The file is invalid (Error 13). Please check the file or use an exporter to ensure compatibility.

I have tried .obj files, .mlt files, .zip files, .7z files, .fbx files.... I do not know what to do next. can anyone help me?

I saw some things in the forums about the size being to big? but I don't know how to change that.

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #2

If Your Model is Extreamly High Poly Reduce The Poly Count , If You Have A Lot Of Textures, Dont Upload Them Yet, Just Upload Your 3D Mesh , When Uploaded , Go To 3D Settings Select Texture Management , And Add The textures

(Projetos1) #3

Try to reduce the size of the textures too, problems in exporting and loading very large textures.

(Bored Arsonist) #4

Thanks for replying.

I think I should explain a little better. I tried to use an object exporter that is built into a game i play (Space Engineers). It is a tool I have no control over, all I can do is point at an object and use Ctrl, Alt, E to export the in game model to a folder on my desktop.

If it is an issue with the textures being to big or something then I will not be able to fix it.

(Nihal Rahman Nahin) #5

Oh Then Notify To The Game Devs And Sketchfab Devs For Fix

(Mrchlblng) #6

@BoredArsonist an error 13 states that the data being uploaded is not valid for our processing. It is (at least should) not a matter of filesize but either a format that we don't support or maybe we cannot read any geometry information so the processing fails. Improving our processing feedback is on our roadmap to make user side debugging easier.

in your case, it seems that you upload empty obj e.g.

mtllib [GRN]_Sparrow_-_Survay_Scout.mtl                                                                                                                                                                                                        

#                                                                                                   
# [GRN]_Sparrow_-_Survay_Scout                                                                      
#                                                                                                   

# vertices                                                                                          
# 0 vertices                                                                                        

# texture coordinates                                                                               
# 0 texture coords                                                                                  

# faces                                                                                             
o [GRN]_Sparrow_-_Survay_Scout                                                                      
# 0 faces