Total newbie to Sketchfab but more or less know 3DS MAX. I’m kind of lost on how to export a simple model with animation from MAX to Sketchfab. I am using MAX 2020 and have installed the latest Sketchfab script. After reading the online materials available for this I’m still rather lost so I must be misunderstanding some step because the model is uploaded but the animation doesn’t get uploaded to Sketchfab. Here is my current workflow in MAX connecting to a free Sketchfab license so that I can try out the system…
- Create a simple object (box, sphere, etc.)
- Animate the object with keyframes (scale, rotation, position)
- Export scene as .FBX with Bake Animation on
- Run Sketchfab script and check the “Animation” button
- In the Sketchfab exporter give model a name and click on Publish the selected objects…
- Model gets exported to Sketchfab. I can open the model but there is no animation.
Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?