New interface not saving downloadable status to model

The new model editing interface is not updating the downloadable status of my model. If I make it free and then click save, it says nothing new to save.

The model with the problem is https://skfb.ly/6RyqA

Hi @danderson4

The model should be free now. When you change a model to free, we need to generate the downloadable archives. During that time we still display that the model is in “no” download.

We are aware that this is not the most intuitive user interface and we are currently looking on how to better convey this to the user.

Feel free to ask any follow up questions,

Tiago

1 Like

Tiago,
Thank your time and the explanation concerning the lag time on the downloadable status. I agree that the user interface is not very intuitive. The old interface was much quicker in acknowledging that a model was downloadable and that the changes had in fact been made, even if the downloadable archive wasn’t yet available.

I don’t know if it’s just because I used the old model management interface so much over the last several years, but I find the new interface to be much less intuitive and responsive during use. Definitely not an improvement.
Thank you again
Dave