No character interaction scenes?

animation

(Leftwich) #1

Hi all,

I teach a storyboarding class at a public community college. As an exercise, I would love to send my students to a Sketchfab scene and have them take screenshots of it to build a "storyboard" of the scene.

This is an intermediate exercise, and its intended to let them "reverse engineer" a storyboard from an existing interaction -- that is, it lets them analyze a scene, understand it, and explore how to tell that story visually.

My problem is that I can't find character interactions on Sketchfab that would work for this. Ideally, it would be a scene that has a beginning, middle, and end. I know character animation is very difficult and time-consuming, so I'm not asking anyone to create something for this purpose. But if you know of a scene that might work for this kind of exercise, PLEASE send me a link!

I'm happy to ask creators for permission to use their work this way if anything comes up.

Thanks!

• John

(Mrchlblng) #2

I guess you already know our screenshot tool to help take screenshots from sketchfab models.

I think we have a few beautiful "full animated stories":

--

I'm also quite fond of this facial expression study

Probably not the exercice you're looking for but I can imagine a few stories from those expressions.

My other guess is that some of our "still" dioramas could work.

(Dark Minaz) #3

pretty much the only models that come to mind ^^

(Nomadking) #4

It's not an animated scene, so it might not be entirely what your looking for, but my Voxel Contest entry has a story to it and several characters:

If it's something you can work with, then feel free to use it for teaching purposes :slight_smile:

(Leftwich) #5

These are great, thank you all very much!!