No edit or delete functionality on comments?

feature-request
website

(Bart) #21

We can't have issues with the boss! :smile: Happy to help!

(Jasonvongermeten) #22

I feel like it must have been kind of understood by implication, but the ability to simply reply to comments would be fantastic. :slight_smile:

(Bart) #23

Absolutely. Comment improvements are on our wishlist, but currently other projects have priority.

(Will Chen) #24

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but could I get a commend deleted please? I had to share my e-mail with a client because our regular channel of communication went offline, and I'd rather not continue to have it listed on a public searchable page if at all possible.

The comment is on this model:

Thanks!

(Bart) #25

Sure thing, I have removed the email address from the comment. I did leave the comment itself in place though as otherwise I'd have to remove the reply too :slight_smile:

(Hansolocambo) #26

I second everything that's been said above about comments. Editing our own comments at least when it's a comment on one of our 3D posts sounds like a sound necessity.

(Bart) #27

Agreed! We're aware and it's on our todo list :slight_smile:

(Scrotty) #28

Jebus man, has this seriously been on this "To do list" since Jan 2015?

(Bart) #29

Afraid so yes, we're a small team and have to prioritise how we spend our time. It's not forgotten though!

(Krisventure) #30

I do believe being able to delete a comment entirely rather than having an awkward ‘this user has deleted his comment’ note in its place would provide for a better experience. For example, in response to someone asking if it’s available for sale, I once posted that I wasn’t eligible to sell models yet but they can buy it on cgtrader. Now that I have become eligible to sell models here too, I want to delete this post because it’s not true any more and because it’s driving customers to my cgtrader page (which has less of my models). But I’d rather not have another ‘comment has been deleted by the user’ box showing under my model because that kinda sounds like the person must have been up to something bad like trolling. That’s because on most other social platforms you see those kind of ‘comment removed’ labels appearing when someone was moderated. On the other hand, I really don’t think people occassionally breaking some conversations by deleting their comments would be an issue, at least it’s not on other discussion sites. Facebook allows deleting your comments for example without any problem. I would prefer that solution over the ‘comment removed’ thing :slight_smile: Just my two cents.