Noooooo! Annoted scene - Voxel (finished...?)

(Elbriga) #1

My entry for the contest will be "I am your father" scene, made in Voxel, I'm just doing this on my free time for fun, not aiming for something huge!

I just got started today with a quick try on Voxel Vader.

(Elbriga) #3

Sketchfab version:

Voxel Vader by elbriga on Sketchfab

(Bart) #4

Cool, welcome on board! I have added a Sketchfab PRO licence to your account until December 11 so you can upload larger files and use up to 20 annotations.

Also, please keep an eye on the official contest forum thread and be sure to 'watch' it so you'll receive notifications (instructions are on the forum):

(Elbriga) #5

Thanks Bart!

So, I had time to rework Vader's cape completly, I think it's way better now!
Made a quick platform too, I'll be working alot more on that.

Blender renders (background is just a placeholder, random image found on google)

(Pasto) #6

I like this! :grinning: Only issue, the left arm is too "strange" (long?)

(Elbriga) #7

Thanks! Ah yes, I think see it now... i'll try to correct it, thank you!

(Elbriga) #8

Added the platform update on sketchfab, also I just added the three burnt/cut poles, sorta speak.
Also got the lightsaber to work better, with an emission material and bloom.

Here it is:

Voxel Vader 2 by elbriga on Sketchfab

PS: pasto, having a second look at it, I'm not sure about the arms... sometimes it seems, right sometimes wrong :stuck_out_tongue: maybe I'll just redo them completly, but it's hard to make them look right in that pose!

(Bart) #9

Nice! The lighting is great too. Did you bake that in, or is it a WebGL light?

After the contest, would you be up for writing a tutorial on how you created this scene?

(Elbriga) #10

Thanks!
No nothing is baked for now (but later on I will try to bake AO... it really needs it)
It's a sun light, a red point light and a yellowish spot light, plus slight env light.

I would love to make a tutorial for this if it can be useful! I'll keep that in mind!

(Bart) #11

Cool, I'll follow up on that later then :slight_smile:

(Elbriga) #12

I wanted to check if I could make my scene match with the movie...

Still needs updates (and still needs Luke, ahah) but what do you think? :wink:

I'll update a WIP sketchfab model after some polishing!

(Elbriga) #13

Alright, well uploading on sketchfab is instructive:

Voxel Vader WIP 3 by elbriga on Sketchfab

Is there a way to make a material (e.g the background cylinder) shadeless?
This badly need baked AO and lighting... Final scene will probably be baked + one dynamic light, or just 100% baked.

Still alot to do to make this good!

(Emmanuel De Bernard) #14

You can set the specularity in the materials tab... :stuck_out_tongue: ... your work is awesome, by the way... :smiley:

(Marcoloreto) #15

Impressive! Most Impressive!

(Elbriga) #16

Thanks alot! siremmanuelintong! Yeah but the specularity alone isn't enough, as the background is only half lit (without the light attached to the camera it's hard to see it, you have to look down)
I'll figure it out ^^

Thanks alot marcoloreto!

Quick update before adding Luke tomorrow, I added the bridge:

(Elbriga) #17

"Naaaaaawwwwww"
Here's Luke!

Waiting for feedback before I finalize it and bake stuff, meanwhile I'll work on a proper pixel texture for the background :smile:

(Elbriga) #18

I think I'm starting to get somewhere with the background...

A simple texture I made with Jpixel which I just discovered, it's pretty amazing ( http://emad.itch.io/jpixel ) and photoshop.
I will add an emission map for sketchfab

Base texture:

(Elbriga) #19

Well! here it is! all baked, all lit, and with 5 annotations (be sure not to miss any, n.4 is an easter egg :wink: )

Naaaaw! - Star Wars by elbriga on Sketchfab

Model is made heavy by textures, sorry!

Does anyone know how to fix the panning problem caused by the background cylinder? thanks..

(Bart) #20

Nice work, Elbriga!

Try double-clicking anywhere to re-set the camera pivot point. Is that what you need?

(Elbriga) #21

Absolutly, thanks! That's a useful thing to know ^^