Sketchfab Forum

Number of Likes mismatches displayed models by 1

(Simon Kratz) #1

Hi there,

I just checked out my "Likes" page which says I like 17 models of other people. But when I count them manually I only see 16. Is it possible the counting is wrong in some way?

Kind regards

Hmm, my first instinct is a cache issue, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Currently your profile says 18, but I count 20.

(Simon Kratz) #3

Oh yes you're right it's 18/20 now. I liked some stuff yesterday after posting this here xP

(Simon Kratz) #4

Not sure if you had time to look into the issue, yet but it still persists.
It says I have 18 liked models now but I only see 17.

(Bart) #5

Sounds like a bug, I'll pass it on to development. Thanks for reporting it here!

(Moroplogo) #6

Maybe one of these 18 models is now private or deletete or maybe one of theses users is no longer registered on Sketchfab?

(Bart) #7

That, or one of our devs started counting at zero instead of one. They like doing that wink

(Simon Kratz) #8

Haha your programmers do that, too? Must be a bad habit or maybe an insider joke? ;D

(Bart) #9

I think it's rather common in programming to start variables on zero, I know I do that all the time wink

(Tribble42) #10

Thanks for reporting this bug, I'll have a look at it smile

(Tribble42) #11

Hi @essimoon,

Looks like your issue is because you liked this model https://sketchfab.com/models/98eefe8f15bc4b25bfd60b472ebc9ee9 (which is currently private).

We do not display private models on profiles, browse pages for obvious reasons, however the number of likes includes all liked models (private included). Sorry for the misunderstanding, it will probably evolve in some time !

(Simon Kratz) #12

Oh I see! You're right, that makes sense to me.Thanks for clarifying on this case, @tribble42 smile
Some kind of display for all models (including private ones) might be cool in the future, it really is a bit confusing upon seeing the mismatching numbers. Also it's probably pretty difficult to ever un-like a private model if you can't see it smiley