October 23 - Ancient

Welcome to day 23 of our Inktober® 2019 challenge! Just as a reminder: we’ll be posting topics until October 31st. You have until November 1st to complete your entries and enter the raffle to win one of three $100 Amazon vouchers, 3 months of Sketchfab PRO and an Inktober® 2019 T-shirt.

Tag your entry with #3DInktober2019-Ancient and #3DInktober2019, and post it below. Use the #3DInktober2019 hashtag if you want to share your entries on social media.

Read the rules for Sketchfab Inktober® 2019 here.

3 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Venus of Willendorf about 25000 BCE.

2 Likes

Anubis B.T. (Death Stranding)
Please avoid triggering Void Outs.

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Ancient Sweat Lodge Ceremony
Listen for audio! Click through the annotations to go inside the lodge!

Animated video here!:

A lot of people are very skeptical about this (even I was…) so I thought I would share the ancient practice that still is used today throughout various indigenous groups across the world. Myself, a person not of this descent attended a few ceremonies and I felt truly welcomed and it was a really fascinating experience.

The lodge is represented as the “mother’s womb” and the most purest place to be healed (once you are born you are exposed to the world’s pain and suffering) . In the lodge, you are closed off from the world and in complete darkness as if you are looking at the beginning of life. If felt kind of like an immersive meditation experience.

There is a long explanation online but I highly recommend go trying for yourself. :slight_smile:

Thank you !

2 Likes

Was he a “Genius” or was he a “Crazy”?
I want to think it was both!

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

:classical_building:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Combined with next prompt - Dizzy