One of our animaited models Showes up as Skelleton on sertain computers

(Betadwarf) #1

Good day to you all smile im wondering if anyone has a solution for this problem

on some computers this model with animation showes up only as a skelleton, other animaited models on our account show up properly on that same computer.

most of the computers at the office showes it properly, but we have 1 work computer and 1 home computer showing it as a skelleton.

I have tried to re-upload the model, a a fresh upload and a diffrent animation upload, the problem still persists.

this is what it looks like on 2 computers

this is what it looks like on all our other computers

any help is greatly apprichiated

(Stephomi) #2

Depending of the device, you will be limited by the number of bones used per geometry.
If there's too many bones we'll fallback to a skeleton view for the geometry.

We don't know yet if we are going to implement some workaroud to support every devices.

(Ututrc) #3

Hi,

I have the same problem with Google Chrome on some models. In Firefox they work as intended. I don't know if this matters, but I have Radeon GPU.

(Betadwarf) #5

i dont think its a device cap issue, it could be browser based
1.i use crome to view it on sketchfab, and its fine
2.I use chrome to open our kickstarter page ware it is embeded, and i see only bones!
3 i open both pages In firefox. and it is displayed properly both on sketchfab and kickstarter page

all of thise steps were on the same pc.

On pc number 2
it is bones IN firefox and chrome, but displayes properly in Internet explorer

(Stephomi) #6

The important factor is the number of max vertex uniforms vector supported (webglreport).
It is dependant of many things, browsers, os, graphic card.

Can I suggest a bones viewer as well? That would work welll for me. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

(Stephomi) #8

Hmm... Are you sure it was the same model?
Whether it's an embed or not, it should be consistent on the same model.

@mrbones
I can't tell if it's a serious request or a pun with your alias smile

I don't think you are the first one to ask for bones previewing though.
@mauricesvay (should we expose that, viewer vs editor, etc) ?

(Mauricesvay) #9

@stephomi @mrbones displaying skeleton and bones has been considered, but the feature hasn't been requested much. The feature isn't on the short term roadmap.