Option to hide Annotation tab

(Jean Philippelafontaine) #1

Bonjour,

I suggest that you make the display of the annotation summary window optional when putting our projects online (Select an annotation tab).

This would give the possibility to develop games concepts with annotations.
Ex.: Game level with VR glasses that would consist of finding the annotations.

These could contain clues or codes to move to other stages.
Ex.: For example, a code could be the link and / or password used to open a new project.

Jean-Philippe :slight_smile:

(Mauricesvay) #2

Hello @jean-philippelafonta,

people with a Premium account can use an the ui_annotations parameter to hide the Annotation controls in embeds.

(Jean Philippelafontaine) #3

Thank’s Maurice for your reply.

I have never clicked on the Show option of the Embed viewer before. Its gray color looks like an unavailable feature to me.

However, I see nothing to select (on the side board) that shut off only the window with the list of annotations. Also, it seems that it is not possible to code directly in the Embed viewer window.

If I understand correctly, I can do it only if I integrate the Sketchfab viewer on a third-party site using HTML and the option ui_animations : 0 ?

(Mauricesvay) #4

Hello,

we plan to improve the interface for configuring the embeds, but the ui_annotations will not be configurable there. It will remain a parameter you need to add manually.

To make it clear, yes the ui_annotations parameter is meant to be added to 3D viewers embedded on third-party websites.

(Jean Philippelafontaine) #5

Bonjour Maurice,

My skills do not cover the realization and the setting on line of Internet sites. I was hoping that such an adjustment could be done with Sketchfab on its native domain.

I understand that these types of aspects are more related to your company’s business model than technological constraints.

I will try to find a partner to experiment Sketchfab with uploads to another domain.

Thank’s,
Jean-Philippe

(Mauricesvay) #6

Hello @jean-philippelafonta,

it’s more that we have many options, and having them all in the interface would be overwhelming. We prefered to display the most common ones only.
However, all the available options are fully documented in our help center: https://help.sketchfab.com/hc/en-us/articles/203509907-Embed-Models

It’s great if you can find someone to help you. If you still need help, feel free to post here in this forum, or contact us.

(Jean Philippelafontaine) #7

Merci Maurice,
I will come back to the forum with experiences.
:0) Jean-Philippe